Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Candy Bark

Go ahead and file this little treat under the "why didn't I think of that" category.  It seems so simple, really.  Peppermint bark is so popular around the holidays, so why not make a fall version?  Take leftover candy and basically make a giant candy bar.  The ultimate candy bar, if you will.  Seriously so genius.  Let me break it down for you:  You start by spreading a layer of melted chocolate on a baking sheet, then you top that with broken candy bars, honey roasted peanuts, and Reese's pieces, and finish it off with a drizzle of white chocolate.  Once the chocolate sets, you break it into chunks, and feast!

The recipe calls for Butterfingers, Reese's cups and Heath Bars, but you could certainly mix things up and use pretty much any variety or combination of candy bars.  I think this would also be delicious with marshmallows, pretzels, or oooh maybe Fritos!

If you can wait until after Halloween, this is a great way to use up candy that you have left over from trick-or-treaters, but I wouldn't blame you one bit if you went right out and bought the ingredients to make it tomorrow.  I put a few in a plastic bag, tied it with a ribbon, and gave it to a friend who had us over for dinner.  It made such a cute presentation, that I plan to do the same thing for our neighbors and Caroline's teachers at school.  Anything to get this addictive snack out of my house.


One Year Ago:  Creepcakes


Halloween Peanut Butter and Toffee Candy Bark
Bon Appetit, October 2010
  • 1 pound bittersweet chocolate chips
  • 3 (2.1-ounce) Butterfinger bars, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 3 (1.4-ounce) Heath bars, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 8 (0.55-ounce) peanut butter cups, each cut into 8 wedges
  • 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts
  • Reese's pieces, and/or yellow and orange M&M's
  • 3 ounces white chocolate
Line a baking sheet with foil.  Melt the bittersweet chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and pour over the foil-lined baking sheet.  Spread to an even layer that is about 12x10 inches.

Sprinkle the candy and peanuts over the chocolate, pressing lightly to adhere.  Be sure the all the candy is in contact with the chocolate.

Melt the white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.  Use a spoon or a fork to drizzle the white chocolate over the candy.

Chill at least 30 minutes, or until firm.  Break into 1-2 inch chunks.


11 comments:

Janet said...

omg, I want to eat this right now!!! :) YUM!
I can't eat sugar, but I might have to make this for my friends.

the blissful baker said...

this is such an awesome idea! i am not much of a candy person, but this looks great!

Amanda Moury said...

Oh mylanta this looks AMAZING! So yummy thanks for the great idea! :) PS So excited to be following you, your recipes look awesome!

Ravenous Rowie said...

Great idea! Looks so cute!

amanda @ fake ginger said...

That looks amazing. All my favorite candy is one place! Mmm!

nicole said...

I got that issue of Bon Appetit but did not jump out at me until seeing it made on your blog. Very enticing.

Erin said...

Oh my, this looks so fabulous! I will definitely be trying this :)

Allison said...

OMG, this looks amazing. Maybe I'll make it someday when I know I have somewhere to bring it--because I could NOT have this in my house.

Jennifer said...

I'm SO making this!!! Brilliant!!

Kelsey said...

I saw this recipe and was really trying to resist it. Perhaps I'll reason and say I'll make it if I have all the right candy leftover after Halloween night.

Yours looks delicious!

Eliana said...

Now I know what I'm going to do with my left over Halloween candy.

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS