Monday, April 5, 2010

BB: Chicken Caesar Club Sandwiches



I really feel like I say this every month, but when I saw this March's Barefoot Blogger selections, I was so excited.  Particularly, I was excited to try this sandwich.  I have had my eye on it every since I bought Barefoot Contessa at Home 3 years ago, and for some reason I had never gotten around to it.  So thank you to Karen of Shortbread for finally forcing me to make it.

This is now one of my favorite sandwiches, and Joey agrees that it is phenomenal.  Seriously.  I love ciabatta and caesar salad, so it should come as no shock that it interested me.  Add in a flavorful Caesar dressing, crisp proscuitto, salty Parmesan, and peppery arugula, and you have a seriously delicious sandwich.  It is quick to throw together, but its a nice elegant twist on sandwiches for dinner.

I saw that Tara made hers into a salad, and that made me think of making it as a panzanella.  I really really can't wait to try that. 


Caesar Club Sandwich
adapted from The Barefoot Contessa at Home
  • 2 split (1 whole) chicken breasts, cooked any way (grilled, baked, poached, etc), sliced thickly
  • 4 ounces proscuitto
  • 1 large garlic clove, smashed and coarsely chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, or mayonnaise
  • 1 large Ciabatta loaf
  • 2 ounces baby arugula, washed and spun dry
  • 2-3 ounces Parmesan, shaved
Preheat the oven to 350.

Place the proscuitto on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and cook 8-12 minutes, until crisp.  Set aside to drain on paper towels.

Place the garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor, and process until minced.  Add the anchovy paste, lemon juice, mustard, and yogurt and process again to make a smooth dressing.

Slice the bread in half horizontally, and toast, cut side up, 5-7 minutes.

Spread the cut sides of each half with dressing.  Place half the arugula on the bottom piece of bread, then layer the Parmesan, prosciutto, and chicken.  Finish with another layer of the arugula, and drizzle with remaining dressing. 

Close the sandwich and cut into individual servings. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS