Sunday, October 25, 2009

BB: Blue Cheese Souffle


The second recipe for October was chosen by Summer of Sexy Apartment. I was both excited and nervous to try this recipe. I have seen the episode where she cooks it, and every time I see it I vow to make it. Thanks to Summer for forcing me!

It really wasn't very difficult, and the results were outstanding! I used a good Roquefort, since the blue cheese is the main flavor...you've gotta go for the good stuff! I also think this would be equally delicious with goat cheese, sharp cheddar, or gruyere.

I served this as the main course with a side salad. My favorite salad for fall is mixed greens, sliced pears, toasted walnuts, and dried cranberries, tossed with a raspberry vinaigrette. I usually add some blue cheese, feta, or goat cheese, but I figured the souffle had enough cheese for the whole meal :-)

I was so nervous about making a souffle that I followed Ina's instructions to the letter. Therefore, I am just going to link to the recipe instead of posting it here.

Blue Cheese Souffle
Barefoot in Paris


4 comments:

Frenchie said...

I absolutely love blue cheese souffles, served along with a slice of rare beef filet this is the perfect winter meal.

Jill Buker said...

Your souffle looks fabulous. I haven't had time to make this one yet, but I plan on doing it this week with gruyere.

Your salad also sounds delish! Great job.

Michelle said...

I've made this before and it IS divine! Now I want some.... And with rare filet like Frenchie said.

Lisa said...

Looks beautiful! I like that you served it as a main dish with a salad. I served it with soup, but am thinking just it and a salad would have been better.

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS